Thursday, July 21, 2011

Baby #1 (Isac Brandon Smith)

Brandon and I were very eager to start our family once we got married. Thankfully, we didn't have to wait long! We found out that we were pregnant with our first baby on December 17, 2010. (Just over two months after we were married!) We were ecstatic, but decided that it would be a great Christmas surprise to wait to tell our families!

I had my first doctors appointment on December 23rd, and we got an official due date of August 29, 2011. We waited and waited, for what seemed like forever. I got a pretty red box, a girl onesie, a boy onesie, and a positive pregnancy test. We had our families open it as a group gift, from us to everyone else. Everyone was delighted by the news!!

**Side note: I mentioned in an earlier post that Brandon's will power to quit smoking was a good example to others around him. On Christmas Day 2010, the day that Brandons's older brother Austin found out he was going to be an uncle, he quit smoking. He was about to light up a cigarette when we were sitting outside, and I said, "I'm pregnant, you can't smoke around me!" He looked at me and said, "Oh, I guess I should just quit. I'm going to have to be a good example if I'm gonna be an uncle!" He hasn't smoked a cigarette since that day! Go Uncle Austin!! :) **

For my parents this will be their 5th grandchild (Carrie, Brigham, Jacey, Rose.... Isac!). So Isac will have plenty of cousins around his age on mom's side. But it is excitingly the first grandchild for Brandon's parents! Brandon and I both wanted a boy first so badly, and I had a few dreams that it was a boy. We had a doctors appointment on April 2, 2010 and found out that we were indeed having a boy!

We decided on the name "Isac Brandon Smith" pretty quickly. His first name, Isac, is after a second cousin on my mom's side. He is the most humble, caring, understanding person, and he makes everyone he talks to feel like they are the most important person in the world. These are all characteristics that we hope for our son to have! The middle name, obviously comes from his daddy.

We were able to get a maternity photo shoot done by a friend who's been doing photography for a while now, Lorraine Craig Nunes. (You can see more of her work on FaceBook if you search for her page!) We had quite a few done, and they turned out wonderfully.











We had a lot of fun with our little photo shoot, and look forward to taking a million more pictures once little Isac is born! We can't wait for our baby boy to be here. :)

2 comments:

  1. You joined the blog world! I love to hear about your little family! Your baby boy is going to be darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love keeping up with your blog! And need to tell you and Brandon how proud I am of your progress, and I am SO excited for you to be sealed in the San Diego Temple! Can't wait to meet cute baby Isac, and you need to see Elliana! You visiting Utah anytime soon? Miss you tons Missa! Love, Em

    ReplyDelete