Saturday, July 30, 2011

We're Ready To Have A Baby!

Well, it's official: We're ready to have a baby! At least according to the certificate that we received for completing our "Prepared Childbirth Classes". It only took two classes, and all of the sudden we're ready to be parents.... NOT! I do have to admit that I think this class was quite an eye-opener for Brandon. There were a lot of things that he didn't know, and plenty of things that he was able to take away from it. Most of what we were told in this class, I have already experienced in person. I have had the opportunity to be in the delivery room for a few births already, and wasn't very surprised by anything we were taught. Although after watching the birthing videos it started sinking in that it would be ME giving birth, I told Brandon, "I don't think I want to do this anymore." After laughing, and then realizing that I was quite serious he said, "Well, I don't think you have much of a choice!" I realized.... He's right! Ready or not, baby is gonna come!


I had a doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon to check on our sweet baby boy. Some of you may know that Isac was breech in the last ultrasound (at 31 weeks), and so we had to schedule a C-section. Thankfully, he has been a good boy and flipped back over, so we should be able to have a normal delivery! My sister, Rebecca, was in town and was able to come to the appointment with us. I was able to go to several of her appointments, both when she was pregnant with Carrie, and when she was pregnant with Brigham, so it was fun to be able to share that experience with her.

Through the ultrasound not only did we find out that Isac is head down (Yay!) but we also found out that he weighs about 6 lbs. 3 oz. Brandon only weighed 6 lbs. 1 oz. when he was born! And our little Isac has four weeks left!! I'm starting to get worried about how big this baby will be. But we are so pleased that he is healthy and growing well. We got a few pictures of him, but he likes to keep his hands right in front of his face, so it's sort of a hit or miss kind of thing with this boy.


It is still so crazy to me that this beautiful baby is inside of me! I'm just getting used to the idea, getting used to all the kicking and crazy movement, and pretty soon it'll be over! I will now have an appointment every week to check the baby's growth, progress, and to see if I'm at all dialated. I know I've said it before, but we just can't wait to meet our baby Isac!

No comments:

Post a Comment