Monday, August 8, 2011

Getting Ready For Baby

I am apparently in what is called the "nesting stage". With the arrival of Baby Isac right around the corner, it has felt like Brandon and I have had a lot of preparing to do. I have been wanting to be more creative and crafty for a while, I figure that's what you're supposed to do when you become a Mormon housewife! With access to an awesome new sewing machine that once belonged to Brandon's grandma Charline, I decided to try my hand at sewing and make some curtains for Isac's room. My sister did a lot of teaching and helped quite a bit, because I am still very new at the whole sewing thing! But I am very proud of the way that they turned out!


Brandon being very handy with the power drill and hanging up the curtain rods!


The big window.


The matching little window.

A fun thing that happened this week was that Brandon's coworkers threw him a surprise baby shower! All the members of his team including his supervisor, as well as a few members from his old team, and his old supervisor were there. They decorated the breakroom with streamers and balloons and brought in gifts and cards, and red velvet cake with creamcheese frosting! (Brandon's favorite!) Everyone got to take an hour out of their work day to celebrate the upcoming birth of Isac. Brandon took a break to call and tell me about the party and when he got back inside his coworkers had decorated his desk with all the streamers and balloons! We are truly blessed that Brandon has such a great job, with wonderful colleagues.
Brandon's desk decorated.


The wonderful gifts we got from Brandon's coworkers!

We are starting to feel more prepared for our little one, and are truly ready for him any time! Only three more weeks until my due date, but I have to admit that I hope we don't have to wait that long! And not just because I am so over being pregnant, but because we're ready to be a family NOW. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment