Thursday, August 18, 2011

Too Busy To Cook

Just more to show that I am definitely in the "nesting stage", this week I decided that it would be a great idea to do a bunch of cooking, and make freezer meals for after the baby is born! I called up my sister and she came into town on Tuesday so we could cook up a storm.

The "Too Busy To Cook" comes from a cookbook that my mom wrote and promoted when I was a little girl. I wish I had a picture of it, because it's awesome, but I sadly don't. Anyway, this cookbook just has a great way of dealing with everyday life and situations where people really are too busy to cook. I figure that once I have a baby, I will definitely fall into that category. Or rather I'll fall into the "Too Lazy To Cook" category, but I don't think that title would've sold as well. ;)

After a long, full day of cooking we were able to make just over 50 freezer meals, for under $130. Not only am I very surprised at how cheaply we were able to accomplish our task, but I am so happy that I will have yummy meals to eat for the next little while!

My freezer is now well stocked with delicious and healthy meals!




No comments:

Post a Comment